These medications are benzodiazepines and come with these side effects:
- Slowed reflexes
- Slurred speech
- Confusion and disorientation
- Impaired thinking and judgment
- Memory loss
- Blurred or double vision
In cases mostly involving children and the elderly, they can cause paradoxical effects which include:
- Hostility and rage
- Aggressive and impulsive behavior
Here are some amazing essential oils for chronic anxiety!
#1 Bergamot Essential Oil (EO)Bergamot EO is a powerful citrus essential oil that creates uplifting effects. Bergamot has a long history of helping feelings of stress. A study done in Taiwan in 2011 treated highly stressed teachers with 10 minutes of bergamot EO aromatherapy. The result showed a reduction in blood pressure and heart rate while also balancing nervous activity. Note: Bergamot EO is photosensitive, which means it reacts with direct sunlight. Avoid sunlight when using bergamot topically on the skin. 2007 study, Lavender aromatherapy reduced serum cortisol. Serum Cortisol is a key player in the body's response to stress. Lavender is also shown to have no sedative effects and no potential drug abuse. In one study, vetiver oil was found to have the same impact as Diazepam, a calming medication for anxiety, muscle spasms, seizures and other conditions.
How to use essential oils and find your anxiety hot spots!Whether your anxiety is triggered in the car or on the job, essential oils are easily used anywhere and work quickly. Carry your essential oils with you wherever you go. I never leave home without my Lavender EO.
- During an anxiety attack, you can either just open the cap and breathe in the vapor or warm a drop on your palms and inhale.
- For the car or anxiety hot spots around your home, add a drop or two to a clothespin and clip it to that area.
- Diffusing is my favorite use of essential oils. Diffuse in your home for a fresh and calm household.
My Anti-Anxiety MixA mix of your favorite relaxing essential oils is also a good idea. Take a look at my favorite mixture!
- 5 drops lavender EO
- 3 drops Ylang ylang EO
- 2 drops Bergamot EO
Calming Bath Mixture
- 3 drops Clary sage EO
- 2 drops Ylang ylang EO