Safety Tips For Using Changing Stations In Public RestroomsHayley shared her story to help prevent similar situations from happening to other parents and children. While changing your child's diaper in a public restroom may not be ideal, for many moms on the go, it's the only option. The trick is to have a few supplies on hand to make the process a little bit more sanitary.
- Use Hayley's story as a reminder to always check the changing table for pins or other objects that could harm your child, before laying them down.
- Wipe down the changing table with baby-safe antibacterial wipes before laying them down.
- Have a blanket and a changing pad on hand in case the restroom doesn't have a changing table.
- In addition to wipes and diapers, carry plastic bags for soiled clothes, antibacterial gel or wipes and a toy to distract the baby if needed.
- While disposable changing pads aren't the most environmentally friendly option, they can be a more sanitary option if you need to use a public restroom to change your baby's diaper.