Home Remedies for Acne
1. Cleanse GentlyHome remedies for acne include regular gentle cleansing. To get rid of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads, try using a homemade honey face wash. The ingredients, including apple cider vinegar, honey, coconut oil, probiotics and essential oils, help soothe the skin while fighting acne-causing bacteria. Use on damp skin morning and evening.
2. Tone to Restore pH BalanceHome remedies for acne include using a toner to help restore pH balance to the skin. Use apple cider vinegar morning and evening to help kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin. Apple cider vinegar contains magnesium, potassium and various enzymes that fight harmful bacteria. Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and use it on your face and neck, especially in areas that are prone to acne breakouts.
3. Use Healing MasksHome remedies for acne include hydrating and healing masks. Use soothing ingredients like yogurt, honey, cinnamon and essential oils to create a homemade mask that fights harmful bacteria.
- Yogurt and honey mask: Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Apply the mask to your face, let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Honey and cinnamon mask: Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Spread the mask onto your face and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.