1. Baking Soda Removes Product ResidueBaking sodawill help remove any leftover residue from your hair products. Leftover remains from shampoo, conditioner or hair spray can weigh down your hair and make it greasy. Baking soda is the perfect remedy to making sure your hair is actually clean.
2. Baking Soda Removes ChlorineIf you're a frequent swimmer, you probably know that chlorine can damage your hair. It can even change the color of your hair! Baking soda helps remove chlorine from your hair and scalp, protecting it against damage.
3. Baking Soda Promotes Hair GrowthWhen your hair is weighed down with residue or chemicals, it can stunt hair growth. Baking soda is able to clean your hair better than shampoo can! Using baking sodato get rid of any extra dirt can help your hair grow long and strong! Here's how to use baking soda shampoo to clean your scalp and hair:
- Mix baking soda and water at a 1 to 3 ratio in a small squeeze bottle. The more hair you have, the more you'll need. For shoulder-length hair, use 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 6 tablespoons of water.
- You can use baking sodaon dry hair, or you can use it when your hair is wet. Work the mixture in starting at your roots, and move it through to the end of your hair.
- Let the mix sit for a few minutes, then wash it off using warm water.
- Rinse your hair with a mixture of apple cidervinegar ( for International products click here )and water. The ratio should be 1 to 4. Add a few drops of essential oil if you'd like.
- To apply the apple cider vinegar ( for International products click here)mix, tilt your head backward to avoid getting apple cider vinegar in your eyes.