Signs of magnesium deficiency include:
- Irritability and anxiety
- Impaired memory and cognitive function
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
Magnesium OilMagnesium plays an important role in nutrient absorption and balance in the body. However, less than 60% of adult men and women in the U.S. meet the adequate intake values for magnesium. Magnesium can be found in food sources, but magnesium oil is the most effective way to supplement the body's deficiency. Benefits of magnesium oil vary, and include, for example, improving quality of skin, promoting relaxation, curing insomnia and banishing pain. Learn more about these fantastic benefits by reading the section below.
Here are 9 benefits of magnesium oil you need to know:
1. It Helps Strengthens Teeth and BonesYou might be on top of your calcium game, and that's great. However, if you're not getting enough magnesium, you're likely not getting enough calcium, either. This is because magnesium plays an important role in successful calcium absorption. When magnesium levels are low, calcium is not absorbed well in the body. Magnesium oil can help ensure strong teeth and bones thanks to increased calcium absorption.
2. It Helps Repair MusclesMagnesium has been used by athletes for years to relieve pain associated with sore muscles and inflammation. Magnesium oil is a natural muscle relaxant that can soothe sore muscles and joints when applied topically. You may have heard about an Epsom salt soak or Epsom bath to help achy muscles. This too, works, as Epsom salt is a magnesium sulfate compound. However, it isn't as concentrated as magnesium oil, and as such, won't be as effective.
3. It Helps You Sleep BetterInsomnia is a problem for several people, and finding a healthy remedy can be tricky, to say the least. Sleeping pills can be addictive and home remedies such as counting sheep simply do not work for most people. However, many people who suffer from sleep problems swear by magnesium to help them sleep. Magnesium has the ability to relax receptors in the brain and nervous system, which helps slow down the body and mind in order to fall asleep.
4. It Can Help Relieve StressAs mentioned above, magnesium is known for its ability to relieve stress. However, it's typically filtered out of the body via urine in times of stress. Supplementing with magnesium during stressful times can help keep your anxiety levels under control. Magnesium relieves stress by quieting the excitement of nerves in the muscles and brain. Be sure to keep plenty of it in stock to help keep you calm when you feel overwhelmed.
5. It Can Reduce PainOne of the top uses of magnesium oil is to reduce pain. Studies have shown that magnesium can help calm NDMA, which is a chemical that creates pain when stimulated. Magnesium oil can help provide relief for back pain, tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome when applied topically.
6. It Can Help Treat Skin ProblemsStudies have shown that magnesium oil is able to break apart different fats and oils. This can help in reducing oils in the skin that cause acne and other skin problems. Furthermore, magnesium also helps to lower stress levels, which can reduce stress-related skin irritation.
7. It Can Help Regulate DiabetesAlso on the list of magnesium oil benefits is the ability to help regulate diabetes. Poorly controlled diabetes causes a large excretion of glucose in urine. This depletes magnesium levels and leads to problems with insulin resistance. Keeping a healthy level of magnesium in the body, then, is important for diabetes patients.
8. It Can Provide Migraine ReliefPeople who suffer from migraines have lower levels of magnesium during their migraine attacks. Low levels of magnesium can affect multiple receptors and neurotransmitters that cause migraines. Regular magnesium supplementation can reduce the frequency of migraines.
9. It Can Regulate HypertensionNext on the list of magnesium oil benefits is the capability to help lower blood pressure and treat hypertension. Magnesium supplementation has been shown to offer slight decreases in blood pressure in patients who suffer from hypertension. For those struggling to get their blood pressure under control, magnesium can help.
How To Use Magnesium OilYou can purchase magnesium oil online or you can make it at home. Once you start using it daily, it can take time to increase your body's magnesium levels. Here's how you can use it: 1. Spray
- Spraying magnesium oil directly onto the skin is the most common application.
- Apply it after you shower, when the skin is clear of lotions and other oils.
- Rub it in and leave it to absorb for about 30 minutes.
- The first few time applying it may result in some uncomfortable tingling.
- Massage promotes blood flow and can maximize the absorption of magnesium oil.
- The motion can also help further the feelings of relaxation already provided by the oil itself.
- Simply massage the oil onto the desired area.
- Soaking in magnesium chloride diluted in a hot bath can be an effective alternative to direct application.
- You can also soak just your feet and/or legs to relieve stress or pain.