Did you know that:
- More than 3.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder.
- Autism is more than just a brain disorder. It’s quite common for autism to be accompanied by gastrointestinal disorders, food sensitivities, and many allergies.
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism. The medical community is not yet sure why.
- People diagnosed with autism DO feel emotions. Many are often highly concerned with the feelings of the people around them — they just lack the skills to communicate emotions as most people do.
- Nutritional approaches, therapies and other treatment can dramatically reduce the debilitating symptoms of autism. Severe autism diagnoses don’t need to be a living death sentence. Many of the severe symptoms of autism can be greatly reduced, allowing these kids to overcome obstacles and live healthy, adapted lives.