Vegan Basil PestoRecipe Author:Maria Marlowe Prep Time: 7 min/ / Total Time: 7 min Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight, or at least 4 hours, and drained)*
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or more, depending on the consistency you want)
- Put garlic in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Next add basil, and pulse again until it is broken down into small pieces.
- Add cashews and salt, and process on low (1-2 if using a high speed blender) so that the cashews are broken into tiny pieces, but still maintain a little texture. If using cashews that haven't been soaked, you may want to process on a higher level to get a creamier consistency.
- Finally, with the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until completely combined.
Spoon into an airtight container.
- Can be used on pasta, as a dip, or in salad.