Symptoms Of An Ear Infection In DogsUnfortunately, your pet can't exactly write you a note to let you know he has an ear infection. That's why it's important to notice his behavior. If you can identify his symptoms, you'll know what the problem is. Signs that your dog has an ear infection include:
- Unpleasant odor coming from the ear or ears
- Redness or swelling around the ear or ears
- Constantly scratching at the ears
- Constantly shaking or tilting head
- Changes in behavior such as depression or irritability
- Discharge in the ear or ears
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses For DogsYou've probably heard about some of the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar. It turns out that your furry friend can benefit from it too! Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which works to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Studies have shown that acetic acid can stop the growth of many types of bacteria found in ear discharge. Apple cider vinegar also has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, which is perfect for killing fungi and other bacteria.
Dog Ear Infection RemedyTo treat an ear infection in your dog, make a batch of this home remedy and keep it in an airtight container such as a glass bottle. It's simple, effective and natural! You'll Need:
- A small air-tight container
- Apple cider vinegar
- Distilled water
- Ear dropper
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and distilled water.
- Use an ear dropper to put 10 drops of the solution into your dog's infected ear. Be careful not to place the dropper into the ear canal.
- Massage your dog's ear at the base for about 20-30 seconds.
- Gently wipe your dog's ear and the surrounding area using a towel.