There are many benefits that a simple soak will provide:
- Safely and effectively eliminate toxins.
- Boost one’s digestion and eliminate bloating and constipation.
- Flush stubborn fat and cellulite.
- Provide restorative sleep while sleeping fewer hours.
- Boost one’s metabolism, energy, and mood.
- Clears the skin and complexion.
By the way, this is water you soak in. But you can also help yourself detox with water you drink, too.Back to the bath. In order to make a soothing detox bath, stock up on the main ingredients: essential oils, Epsom salt, and baking soda. Essential oils have been shown to have incredible health benefits both mentally and physically. When mixed with Epsom salt, the benefits of both are a great way to eliminate those toxins. Epsom salt (or Hydrated Magnesium Sulfate) helps to replenish lost magnesium in the body. Magnesium is a vital mineral for the body and is easily absorbed through the skin. (2) Among other benefits, an Epsom salt soak can help to:
- Boost Circulation
- Reduce Inflammation
- Ease Hypertension
- Improve Oxygen Use
- Encourage Mineral Absorption
So let's put this together!
This DIY essential oil and Epsom salt soak recipe are a great way to relax while detoxifying at home. (3)What You Need:
- Handful of Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda
- 10 Drops of Therapeutic Essential Oil of Your Choosing
- Lavender – Calming and Relaxing
- Grapefruit – Uplifting
- Peppermint – Fatigue
- Cedarwood – Depression
- Chamomile & Rosemary – Headache
- Add ingredients while drawing a hot bath.
- Relax and soak for 15-20 minutes. The body will sweat, detox and absorb all of the nutrients.
- Rinse off with a refreshing shower.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after the bath to aid in the detoxification process.