- Aid in digestion and elimination thanks to their fiber content.
- Satisfy sweet tooth cravings without any refined sugar...or a large blood sugar spike (1,2)
- May improve memory and learning ability because of their antioxidants and fiber.
Chewy Almond Date Cookies(serves 3) Prep: 5 min
Ingredients:1 cup almond flour 8 dates 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a bullet blender or high speed blender, and blend until a dough like consistency is formed. (It may be a little crumbly, but use your hands to squeeze together - If it doesn't stick, blend it more. If it does, move on to the next step).
- Scoop out the dough, divide it into six even size portions, and squeeze and roll each into a ball, and then flatten into a cookie shape between your palms.
- Eat as is, or if desired, heat an oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake for 5 minutes, for a warm, just out of the oven cookie.
Get the printable recipe here.
About the Author: Maria Marlowe is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who has helped thousands of people improve their health by optimizing their diet. She has created meal plans and programs to help you lose weight, clear up acne, and spend less time in the kitchen yet still eat healthy. She has been featured in Vogue,The New York Times,NBC,Well + Good, and more. Her first book,The Real Food Grocery Guide, will teach you how to eat healthy without going broke. Check out her site,www.mariamarlowe.com, or follow her onInstagram @MariaMarlowe andFacebook for more healthy recipes.