Here's how to read them:
- The brow line is raised and drawn together.
- The upper eyelids are raised.
- The lower eyelids are tensed and raised.
- The mouth is open and the lips are drawn back horizontally toward the ears.
- The nose is wrinkled.
- The upper lip is raised.
- The brow line is lowered and tensed.
- The brow line is raised and curved.
- The eyes are widened.
- The mouth gapes with no tension.
- One side of the mouth is raised, similar to a smirk.
- The cheeks are raised.
- Crow's feet appear on the outside of the eyes.
- The eye muscles are engaged.
- The teeth are usually exposed.
- The jaw comes up.
- The corners of the lips go down.
- The upper eyelids droop.
- The eyes appear blank.
- The lips are pursed.
- The eyes have a hard glare.
- The brow line is lowered and pulled together.