Here's what it does for your body:
1. It Improves Your Digestive SystemTurmeric has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. When it comes to the digestive system, turmeric has natural healing powers. It can be used to help treat a variety of digestive problems, including digestive tract inflammation, gas, and bloating. Using turmeric on a regular basis enhances digestion by stimulating the release of bile. Lemon juice also helps to cure problems related to indigestion and constipation. It accomplishes this by purifying the blood and removing toxins to aid in digestion.
2. It Protects Your LiverTurmeric can help reduce liver injury caused by alcohol, iron overdose, liver disease, high toxicity levels, and cirrhosis. Also, it's been shown to help reduce damage from free radicals, while protecting cells and tissues. If your liver needs a boost, turmeric can help!
3. It Supports Brain HealthThe main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which plays a role in improving Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease, and even damage caused by a stroke. This is because it has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that promote a healthy brain.
4. It Helps Protect Your Body Against CancerAn alkaline environment in the body is believed to be unsuitable for the growth of cancer cells. In fact, cancer cells thrive in an acidic environment, and the foods you eat can determine whether your body is alkaline or acidic. Because turmeric is highly alkaline, it has a positive effect on the body, especially when it comes to stopping cancer cells in their tracks.
5. It Strengthens Cardiovascular HealthStudies have shown that curcumin is able to discard plaque deposits in the arteries, which helps to prevent blood clots. The antioxidant effects of curcumin are also believed to help prevent atrial arrhythmias and diabetic cardiovascular complications. Lemon juice is also helpful for those who suffer from heart problems. This is because it contains potassium, which helps control blood pressure while reducing dizziness and nausea.
6. It Protects Against AgingAging is, of course, inevitable. But a daily dose of turmeric can help the body age more gracefully. Curcumin prevents inflammation in the body while inhibiting the activity of free radicals. These are two of the most important factors when it comes to healthy aging. As a natural antiseptic, lemon juice can help cure skin problems, reduce the pain of sunburns and bee stings, and can also be used as a natural remedy for acne and eczema. Lemon juice works as a natural anti-aging remedy by removing wrinkles and blackheads.
How To Prepare Turmeric Lemon Water
- Ground Ginger (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Add 3 tablespoons of turmeric to 1 1/2 cups of honey
- Mix until smooth to create turmeric honey
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon into a glass
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground ginger to the glass (optional)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the glass (optional)
- Add 1 spoonful of turmeric honey to the glass
- Fill half of the glass with boiling water
- Fill the other half of the glass with cold water
- Mix well
- Drink and enjoy!