The first diet we'll look at is a plant-based diet that many athletes use to get toned fast.
Plant Based Diets: How Athletes Diet to Lose Weight FastEveryone from holistic health coach Gillian B to New England Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady have promoted plant-based diets. There is no better test for a planet based diet than the one given to it by elite athletes. In 2017, ESPN reported that 11 of the Tennessee Titans were moving to a plant-based diet. They did this thanks to inspiration from one of their teammates' wives, who happens to be a chef. (1) So, what exactly are NFL players doing to increase their pliability, longevity, and stay in great shape? Tom Brady's personal chef Allen Campbell has strict rules in place for what he says athletes aiming to stay in top shape should and shouldn't eat. It's fair to say that one of the best ways to diet to lose weight fast is to follow his world-class guidance.
According to Campbell, who is a plant-based chef (2), here are the rules elite athletes follow when they diet to lose weight fast:
- 80 percent of what they eat is vegetables
- If it’s not organic, I don’t use it.
- Lots of whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans.
- The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken.
Avoid the following foods and ingredients:
- white sugar
- white flour
- Never cook with olive oil - cook with coconut oil instead
- Never use iodized "table" salt - use Himalayan pink salt instead