Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Bread(Serves 12)
IngredientsWET INGREDIENTS 3 ripe bananas 3 eggs 1/2 cup almond butter (preferably without salt) 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted 1/4 tsp. vanilla DRY INGREDIENTS 1 cup almond flour 1/2 tsp. baking powder pinch of pink salt (only if your almond butter is unsalted) 1 1/2 oz. dark chocolate chunks* TOPPINGS 1/2 banana, sliced (optional) 1/2 oz. dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you have a bullet blender, blend the bananas in it until liquified, and pour into a large bowl. If no blender, in a large bowl, mash well with a fork for a few minutes, until they turn into a smooth, lump-free liquid or soup-like texture.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl and stir well until fully combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder and 1 1/2 ounces of dark chocolate chunks. Stir well.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into it.
- If you like, lay the sliced banana down the middle of the loaf, and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
Looking for more? Begin with your own freshly made almond butter. And get the printable recipe for Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Breadhere.
About the Author: Maria Marlowe is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who has helped thousands of people improve their health by optimizing their diet. She has created meal plans and programs to help you lose weight, clear up acne, and spend less time in the kitchen yet still eat healthy. She has been featured in Vogue,The New York Times,NBC,Well + Good, and more. Her first book,The Real Food Grocery Guide, will teach you how to eat healthy without going broke. Check out her site,www.mariamarlowe.com, or follow her onInstagram @MariaMarlowe andFacebook for more healthy recipes.