The following can cause the lymphatic system to work poorly:
- Lack of physical activity
Some symptoms include:
- Worsened allergies and food sensitivities
- Frequent cold and flu infections
- Joint pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Menstrual cramps
- Breast tenderness
- GI issues
- Muscle cramping
- Skin breakouts
The Benefits of Dry Skin BrushingSo what to do? Dry skin brushing is an easy habit that offers many benefits. For example, some advantages of dry skin brushing include the elimination of metabolic wastes, improved circulation, reduced bloating, eased muscle tension, and exfoliation of the skin. (Green Smoothie Girl) Dry skin brushing is also relatively easy to do and can be performed before any shower or bath. First thing in the morning is another good time to dry skin brush. The practice is considered very enjoyable and relaxing by some.
How to Dry Brush the Skin
The following video demonstrates how to dry brush the skin. Take a look!https://youtu.be/7ANy_2xWLAo
Some valuable tips from the video:
- Start from the extremities and work toward the heart.
- Start low and work the brush in an upward motion.
- Brush at a pressure that feels comfortable. (Do not brush to the point that the skin is raw.)
- Go at a pace that feels comfortable.
- Pay particular attention to the armpits. They are key to removing toxins.