1. Glute Bridge
- Lay down on your back with your knees bent. Keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your butt and hips so your body forms a straight line, then lower yourself back down. That's 1 rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps. If this is too easy, add a weight and hold it on your thighs while you perform the exercise. This exercise will work your hips, glutes and abs to help restore your range of motion.
2. Couch Stretch
- Place 1 leg on the floor and the other leg on the couch. You knee should be touching the back of the couch.
- Flex your abs and but while slowly raising your torso up so you are standing tall.
- Hold this position for about 5 minutes, then switch legs.
- This exercise is convenient to do while you're watching T.V. It will work your legs to undo years of sitting damage.
3. Grok Squat
- To perform a grok squat, simply get into a squatting position.
- Keep your feet on the floor and your back straight while squatting as low as you can go and hold the position.
- This exercise will stretch your legs, back and groin to help prevent stiffness.
4. Leg Swings
- Hold onto something for balance then swing your leg back and forth as high as it will go.
- Start by moving front to back, the switch to side to side.
- Try 20 swings of each kind to loosen up your muscles and joints and help prevent stiffness.
5. Fire Hydrants
- Get on all fours and raise your leg out to one side as high as it will go, while keeping it bent.
- Lower your leg to perform 1 rep. You should feel this exercise working your hips and butt.
- Perform 10 reps on each side, three times to work your lower body and improve stability.