More Protein Than a Steak!The suggested serving size for steak is 3-4 oz, which would be either 22 or 30 grams of protein, respectively. This green veggie bowl recipe contains 32g of protein! 1 cup chickpeas = 15 g protein 1 cup peas = 8 g protein 1 cup broccoli = 3 g protein 1 cup kale = 3 g protein 1 Tbsp. tahini= 3 g protein
Protein Veggie Bowl RecipeTotal Time: 25 minutes / / Serves: 1
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- If using frozen peas, pour them into a bowl with room temp water to defrost while you prep remaining ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, toss broccoli with 1-2 tsp olive oil, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes. Lie out flat on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes until bright green yet still slightly crisp. When done, remove to your bowl.
- Meanwhile, drain the peas and saute: heat a pan over medium heat — add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan (about 1-2 tsp.), then add 1 clove minced garlic and 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, and peas. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until thoroughly warmed through. Remove to bowl.
- Next saute the chickpeas: You should still have a little oil / water from the peas in the pan, so there's no need to add more if this is the case. (If your pan is dry, add a touch of olive oil). Add 1 clove minced garlic, turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne. Allow to cook about 30 seconds until fragrant, than add the chickpeas and stir well. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until thoroughly warmed through. Remove to bowl.
- Next, quick saute the kale: Add just enough oil to cover bottom of pan, then add 1 clove minced garlic, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, and kale. Saute until bright green, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to bowl.
- All your veggies should be in your bowl now.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together tahini and water with a fork for about 1 minute, until it becomes a uniform, creamy dressing consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over the contents of your bowl, and enjoy!