Sinus Infection Symptoms
- Thick, yellow, foul-smelling discharge from our nose
- Blockage in your nose
- Post-nasal drip
- Sinus pressure or pain around your face and eyes
- A cold that doesn't go away or gets worse
Sinus Infection Treatment
1. Top Foods for Sinus Infections
- Water: An important part of sinus infection treatment is staying hydrated. Drink at least 8 ounces of water every 2 hours to help flush the virus from your system.
- Horseradish: Mix horseradish with lemon as a sinus infection home remedy to help clear nasal passages.
- Ginger: As a sinus infection home remedy, make ginger tea and add in some raw honey.
- Garlic and onions: Garlic and onions both help boost immune function. (2)
- Vitamin C foods: Foods that are high in Vitamin C can help boost the immune system and speed recovery.
2. Foods To Avoid
- Sugar: Sugar decreases white blood cells which are responsible for fighting off infection.
- Fruit juices: Most fruit juices are processed and full of sugar.
- Dairy products: Milk and other dairy products produce mucus.
- Refined flour and grains: Refined grains can also cause more mucus production.
- Salt: Salt can dehydrate the body and slow healing.