TurmericTurmeric is nothing short of a superfood for optimal health. If you're unfamiliar, it's a powder that comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant, which is part of the ginger family. The powder is golden in color and tastes somewhat peppery, bitter and warm. A compound in turmeric - called curcumin - is a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps the body fight infections. If your immune system needs a boost, turmeric to the rescue!
HoneyHoney is more than just a sweet add-on to your tea or toast. It's incredibly medicinal and can be used for relief from a variety of ailments, including a sore throat, cough, sinus pressure and colds. Remember that not all honey is created equal. When buying, you'll want to make sure to stick to raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized, organic honey. If you can buy it locally from a farmer's market, that's even better. It will be the best quality honey you can buy to reap all of the health benefits from the most natural ingredients possible.
Golden HoneyThere are several different versions of golden honey, but here is a simple and easy version of this home remedy: Ingredients:
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) of raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric to 3.5 oz or 100 grams of raw organic honey.
- Mix well and place your golden honey into a glass container.
- Day 1 - Take 1/2 teaspoon every hour during the day.
- Day 2 - Take 1/2 teaspoon every two hours during the day.
- Day 3 - Take 1/2 teaspoon three times a day.
- 1 tablespoon of dried ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (optional)
- Whisk the ground turmeric in a small mixing bowl or grind it lightly with a mortar and pestle until it becomes a smooth, fine powder.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice and zest, and pepper.
- Stir until smooth.