Famous Onion Bread
Makes 9 servingsIngredients:
- 3 large yellow onions
- ¾ cup flax seeds, ground in a high-speed blender
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds, ground in a food processor
- ½ coconut aminos (in place of soy-based Nama Shoyu)
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Peel and halve the onions. Using a food processor with a slicing disc, thinly slice the onions.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. When well mixed, combine with the sliced onions.
- Spread 2 cups of the mixture onto a dehydrator tray pinned with a Teflex sheet or parchment paper. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Dehydrate at 100 degrees for 24 hours and then flip and put back in for another 12 hours.
- When prepared, either cut the bread apart with scissors or simply rip it apart with your hands and enjoy!