The Importance Of Child SafetyWhile there have been numerous reports about babies ingesting button batteries and other small objects, this may be the first and only report about a feather coming through a child's cheek. The incident reiterates the importance of keeping small and potentially dangerous objects out of your child's reach. Follow these tips to help ensure your child's safety:
- Never let your child eat without supervision.
- Keep all small objects cleaned up and out of reach of small children. Get on your hands and knees so that you are at your child's eye level and remove all small items.
- Be on the lookout for magnets, including refrigerator magnets or games and toys that include magnets.
- Keep cords and strings out of your child's reach.
- Never tie a string or ribbon to a pacifier or toy.