1. AttorneyAttorneys are often under constant stress, as well as pressure. Long hours and a high-stress environment may lead to overeating or eating unhealthy foods. An attorney is one of the top high-stress jobs that can lead to weight gain.
2. Administrative AssistantAn administrative assistant has to be ready to help others at the drop of a hat. They often face the stress of multitasking and working for several different people at once. They are also sitting for a good part of the day, which can lead to less activity and eating in front of the computer.
3. Police OfficerContrary to popular belief, not all police officers sit in their cars and eat donuts. However, being a policeman can lead to weight gain. It's one of the most stressful jobs out there. Not to mention, they are often sitting for long periods of time.
4. Information Technology ProfessionalIT professionals spend hours and hours a week in front of the computer. They end up dealing with a lot of stress. Working late or overworking can lead to poor eating habits, which can eventually lead to weight gain.
5. Social WorkerSocial workers spend many hours sitting at a desk, answering phone calls and sorting trough paper work. Many people in this profession eat at their desks and hardly have time to participate in exercise or physical activity.
6. Travel AgentTravel agents are under pressure to please each and every customer. They plan, organize and deal with the financial aspects of honeymoons, family vacations and other trips, which can be stressful. They also spend hours sitting at a desk each day.
7. Marketing and Public Relations ProfessionalMarketing and public relations professionals often deal with busy schedules and strict deadlines that cause stress. They also have to attend events on a regular basis, which can make it difficult to keep a healthy eating routine.
8. Artist, Designer, ArchitectThese occupations include creativity, design and changing schedules. Those who work in the creative industry hardly ever stick to a strict schedule, which often applies to their meals as well. They eat what they want when they have time, which is often while they're working.
How To Keep The Extra Weight OffIf you have a high-stress job or a position that involves sitting for a good part of the day, it can end up causing weight gain. Follow these tips to keep off those extra pounds, regardless of your career choice:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Instead of sending an e-mail to someone down the hall, stand up and walk to their office.
- If you end up eating fast food to save time, pack a healthy lunch the night before and take it to work instead.
- Drink more water!
- Replace energy drinks and sugary coffee drinks with water or healthier drinks such as green tea.
- If you have a stressful job, find a way to relax and de-stress on a regular basis. Listen to music, do yoga, go for a run before work or take a bubble bath before bed.
- Think about the quality of the food you are eating. Take responsibility for your food choices. You always have options!