What Are the Benefits?
1. It Protects Against InfectionsDrinking the mix on an empty stomach stimulates the digestive system, hydrates the colon and protects against constipation. The honey lemon water acts as a natural diuretic to cleanse the urinary tract and keep infections from forming.
2. It Improves DigestionThe lemon juice in this mix help the liver produce bile to break down food more effectively. They honey acts as an antibacterial to protect the body from illnesses and infections, while helping to flush out toxins.
3. It Gives You a Natural GlowLemon juice works wonders for the skin, whether consumed in water or applied topically. Drinking lemon water helps to purify the blood and aid in the production of new blood cells that act as cleansing agents for the skin. This drink acts as an antibacterial and collagen-booster for the skin.
4. It Promotes a Healthy WeightLemon purifies the blood and helps to cleanse the stomach, which can help aid in weight loss. The honey lemon mixture can keep you feeling full longer and help you to avoid unhealthy cravings, thanks to pectin, a type of fiber in lemons.
5. It Helps Improve Oral HealthIt can destroy bad breath! The lemon juice cleanses the mouth, activates the salivary glands and kills off offensive bacteria. This drink first thing in the morning will help wash down bacteria that's usually present in the mouth upon waking.
6. It's an Energy-BoosterIf you're not exactly a morning person, this mix is sure to wake you up. Honey is an instant energy-booster! The water and lemon activate the digestive system and help the body get rid of old toxins that are often the reason for fatigue. The scent of lemon is also known to be a natural relaxant and may boost your mood. Starting the day with this natural remedy will allow you to skip the coffee and energy drinks and feel prepared for your day ahead.
Honey Lemon Water RecipeIngredients:
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon of organic, raw honey
- Upon waking, boil some water, then let it cool a little.
- While the water is still warm enough to melt the honey, mix in the honey and lemon.
- Add a splash of cold water if the drink is still too warm.
- Drink the mix on an empty stomach.