Luckily, these natural remedy treatment can help eliminate even the most stubborn lice:
1. Almond Oil or Olive OilBoth almond oil and olive oil are effective home remedies for lice, as they work to smother or suffocate lice, slowing them down to make them easier to remove with a comb. Coat the hair with oil after separating the hair into several small sections, keeping them separate with clips. Work under good lighting so you can see clearly, and be sure to frequently rinse the comb with hot running water. After combing through the hair, shampoo and rinse twice, then thoroughly clean the towel and comb. Use this remedy every day for one week. peppermint, red thyme, cinnamon, eucalyptus, clove, neem and lavender. Always check for allergies before using a new essential oil. Add between 3 and 10 drops of essential oil to 2 oz of olive oil, then let it sit on the scalp overnight, for a minimum of 12 hours. Comb everything out then shampoo twice.
You can also make a prevention spray! (Switch out the water with fractionated coconut oil.)https://youtu.be/QM9zHgQvI5g
3. Neem OilNeem oil is a natural insecticide. It can help get rid of lice safely and effectively. Buy a shampoo that contains neem oil, or add several teaspoons of neem oil to your own shampoo, and use it regularly.
4. Garlic and Lime JuiceGarlic's strong fragrance can suffocate lice. Make a paste by grinding 8-10 garlic cloves and mixing them with 2-3 teaspoons of lime juice. Apply the mixture to the scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes before thoroughly rinsing it with warm water.
5. Vaseline, Mayonnaise or Coconut OilUse Vaseline, mayonnaise or coconut oil to saturate the scalp and hair, then cover the head with a shower cap for 12-24 hours. Heat the shower cap, then shampoo the hair without getting it wet. Cover scalp again for 30 minutes to allow the oil to break down, then thoroughly rinse the hair and comb through it. Go through the hair section by section with the comb, and be sure to rinse it regularly with hot water. Shampoo hair with no water once more, and wear a shower cap overnight to prevent lice from returning.
6. Nit CombFor children under two years old, comb wet hair using a fine-toothed nit comb. For best results, comb while the hair is wet and contains conditioner. Comb out the hair two times each session for 3-4 days.
7. Baby Oil and White VinegarBaby oil can suffocate lice. To use this method, put baby oil on the hair, then comb the hair out slowly as lice fall from the head. Use hot water and shampoo to wash the hair after the treatment. Before bed, apply white vinegar to hair and use a towel or shower cap to cover the hair overnight. In the morning, use regular shampoo to wash the hair.
8. Treat the HomeTo help prevent a reinfestation, try these steps:
- Wash brushes and combs daily in hot water to dislodge lice.
- Seal items that are non-washable and touched the head, in a plastic bag for 2 weeks.
- Change towels, pajamas, sheets and pillowcases daily.
- Vacuum the part of a child's car seat cover that touches the child's head daily.